Sunday, April 2, 2017

2017 Craft Shows - Schedule Is Starting

Unlike many crafters, I do not try to do many craft shows until the fall. Who wants to purchase scarves and wraps in the summer? That's beach weather, not winter.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I had a booth at a show in early September last year and did very well. So this year, my event calendar will start in mid-September and will end a few weeks before the holidays. I have applied to several events and am only confirmed with one so far - December 9 in Nashua, NH. I am waiting to hear back on numerous other events and should know more starting in early summer.

In the meantime, what have I been doing? Weaving, knitting, and being creative. I have a plan for this year. I will branch out from just scarves, shawls, etc. I mean how many scarves does anyone need? So my focus will including matching/coordinating hats, woven table runners out of cotton and other fibers.

I hope you are as excited as me. I will be posting more soon. In the meantime, here is a picture of a four color plain wrap I made with rayon chenille yarn.

I wove it out of lime green, dark green, almond, and dark brown. You can't really see all the colors individually but I hope you can get the idea. This has a finished size of approximately 24" x 72".

More to come. XO Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment